Historical Meanings For Moranbah Streets
- Bacon Lane – William Bacon was a Shire Councillor for over 30 years.
- Bacon Street – William Bacon was a Shire Councillor for over 30 years.
- Belshore Street – Mervyn Belshore was a champion athlete from Central Queensland. In 1956, he was an official starter at the Olympics.
- Bernborough Avenue – Famous Australian Racehorse, won 15 races in a row, and he was later sold for an Australian record to America.
- Connor Drive – Dan Connor who settled to the East, the Range and River also bear his name.
- Elliot Street – Herb Elliot was a Australian and Olympic champion athlete.
- Flinders Drive – Matthew Flinders was an explorer and navigator (1774-1814).
- Fraser Street – Dawn Fraser and Australian Olympic champion swimmer.
- Griffin Street – Wilton Griffin, General Merchant and Mayor Clermont 1890’s.
- Grout Street – Wally Grout was an Australian Test Cricketer.
- Isaac Way – Fredirick Neville Isaac from Darling Downs.
- Lawrence Street – James William Lawrence was a prominent Clermont identity in business and sport.
- Lawson Drive – Henry Lawson was a famous Australian poet and writer.
- Leichhardt Street – Ludwig Leichhardt was an explorer and naturalist.
- McCool Street – Colin McCool was a Queensland Test Cricketer (1946-1947 All Rounder).
- Renier Crest – Pier Luigi was an Italian businessman instrumental in the development of Utah Mining Towns. His family were ‘Doges’ of Venice. The ‘Doge’ was head of state until 1797.
- Sinnot Court – Jim Sinnot a Shire Clerk 1930.
- Williams Street – Old pioneer of Moranbah.
- Isaac Community Connect App - Get Connected Today!
- Moranbah Community Virtual Tour (This represents a snapshot of our community.)
- Childcare Providers
- Church Services
- Historical Information of Moranbah Community
- Isaac Regional Council's Get Ready Guide
- Locational Map
- Medical Services
- Moranbah Airport
- Moranbah's Attractions
- Moranbah Traders Association (MTA)
- Regional Attractions and Destinations
- Volunteering Interest
Settlement Program Contact:
2 Appleton Street, P.O. Box 175
Telephone: 07 4941 5164